What’s the Social Problem?
The social problem is the rising number of abandoned dogs and euthanasia of dogs in shelter.
What are the causes of this problem?
There are several factors that is causing this problem, including:
- Lack of information about different breeds of dog
- choosing a dog breed that doesn’t suit owner’s lifestyle
- People purchase dogs rather than adopt dogs
- Owners move houses or have health issues
- dog’s behaviours
- financial issues
- oversupplied dogs compared to homes available to them
- lack of knowledge in training dogs
- Lack of space/time
- demanding only pure breed dogs
How can we overcome this problem?
We can educate people about the negative consequences of purchasing dogs. We can encourage people to desex our dogs, adopt dogs and know the right type of dog that will suit owner’s personality and lifestyle.
It is up to us to make a change and save a life. Together we can overcome this problem.
Be apart of something bigger than yourself and help make a difference.
Follow us for more content about our furry babies.